- Tomato Paste – 1 cup
- Urad Dal/Black Gram – 1/2 cup
- Butter – as required
- Cream – as required
- Rajma/Kidney Beans – 2 tsp
- Chana Dal/Bengal Gram – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic – 1 1/2 tsp
- Shahi Jira/Black Cumin – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Soak the Urad dal, Rajma for a minimum of 6-7 hours. And Chana Dal for 2 hours. Add to a pressure cooker. Cook for 5 whistle’s in high flame and then simmer for 10 mins.
- In a pan, add the butter and oil. Now the GG paste and cumin. Cook until raw smell goes. Now add in the tomato, salt and cook until it starts leaving sides.
- Now add in the coriander-cumin powder, red chili powder, cook until it leaves the fat.
- Tip in the boiled lentils, the water in which the lentils were boiled, fresh water and make it runny.
- Let it boil, cover and cook in med flame for 15 mins. Add in the cream. Cover and cook for another 15 mins..
- Add in the garam masala and serve Hot!
RECIPE NOTES :
The more you cook the dal, the tastier. When I have time I cook for 1 1/2 hour minimum adding checking every 10-15 mins and adding water. You can increase the spices and it will be even more tastier!
Wow, what a recipe! Really helpful. Thanks!